GDPR – Privacy Notice
How Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery uses your information to provide services
- Explanation of privacy and the policy
We, Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery, Tretherras Road, Newquay, TR7 2RE, Early Years Registration number EY221987, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Sarah Rendell is our current Data Controller. She can be contacted on 01637 876293 or email email@example.com for more information on Data Protection matters.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis by which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act.
- Purpose of data processing
Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery provides education services and early help services to children, parents, carers and employees who attend or are employed there. We work within the network of Cornwall Early Years Development, who are part of the Children, Schools and Families Directorate.
Kneehigh Nursery needs to collect information about you in order to provide these services and, depending on the service, information about your family and other people associated
with your placement at Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery. Kneehigh retains case histories in line with retention schedules or as long as we are legally required to and you will be advised
on how long we will retain the data when it is collected.
Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery needs to use this personal, and often sensitive information to
help make the right decisions about the type of service you need, and to check whether the services are helping you as they should. Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, and the Data Protection Act.
Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery provides services in partnership with other agencies and
providers on your behalf, when necessary. Social Care, education and health care workers
in Cornwall often work together in teams providing support to people living in the community. Sometimes some of the information held by social care and education staff at Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery needs to be shared with staff working in other Council departments and staff employed by the Police, Schools, National Health Service (NHS), other Health organisations and also other charities or organisations working on our behalf.
We will ask your permission to share this information, prior to doing so, unless there is a risk of life. We will inform you of who and why we are sharing the information. This is to ensure that you receive appropriate care, support and treatment.
Sharing this information also helps to avoid you being asked for the same information more than once.
- Why we need information about you
- To allow us to undertake accurate assessments and reviews of you and your child’s educational, early help and support needs.
• To ensure you receive services best suited to your needs and circumstances.
• To help us monitor and improve services.
- Why we need information about other people in relation to your case
- To allow us to most effectively assist the people who are providing you with
care and support.
• To allow us to protect you better, particularly if you are vulnerable or at risk.
- Who we will share your information with
We will only use this information in conjunction with the services provided to you by Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery. We may also share your information with colleagues within the Cornwall Early Years Development Team, local safe guarding team, health colleagues and training providers if this is necessary to enhance the support we provide, or to protect another
person or where we have a legal obligation to share with another public body.
Whenever your consent to share your information is required, we will always ask you and clearly explain why we are asking.
- Will we share information without consent or knowledge?
In the following circumstances, the law allows information to be shared without your consent or knowledge:
• To aid in the prevention and/or the detection of crime.
• If your behaviour constitutes a serious risk of harm to yourself, others, including any children to whom you may have access.
- Your data rights
Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:
• Be informed of how we will process it.
• Request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way).
• Have it amended if it is incorrect or incomplete.
• Have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it).
- Withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process.
• Restrict how we process it.
• Object to us using it for marketing or research purposes (if it is used for this purpose).
• Object to us using it in relation to legal tasks or in the exercise of an official duty.
• Request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you.
- Accessing your data
If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or if you have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:
Sarah Rendell, Data Controller,
Kneehigh Pre-school Nursery,
Tretherras Road, Newquay, TR7 2RE
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 01637 876293
- Complaints, compliments and comments
Our complaints team can be contacted via the above address:
We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information